Manchester United are interested in moving for RB Leipzig center back Dayot Upamecano next summer.
According to a report by The Times, United are working on the Upamecano transfer and an offer could be presented to Leipzig next summer.
The Red Devils are keen to get the French International on a cut price deal.
The Times report states that the Red Devils are keen to reopen their pursuit of the 22-year-old. Upamecano’s new contract renewal removed the original £42 million release clause over his head.
Dayot Upamecano is currently one of the best center backs in the world. His performances have caught the eye of many of Europe’s biggest clubs, who are now lining up to get his signature.
Manchester United are big fans of the French defender. The Reds have thought of making a move for Upamecano in the past. He was very close to a move to Old Trafford a few years ago.
A recent revelation by The Sun told us that United could have landed the defender for a fee as cheap as £700,000 back in 2015. But, a difference in the transfer fee saw the deal go down the drain.
United are not keen to make the same mistake again.
United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is also a big fan of the defender. He is also waiting to see the Frenchman “up close”.
Manchester United would get the best view possible to watch Dayot Upamecano when RB Leipzig come to the Old Trafford today to play United in the UEFA Champions League.
Dayot Upamecano is valued at €60 million by Transfermarkt. But, United could get him for a lot cheaper next summer.
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is not under pressure to select Cristiano Ronaldo every game