Manchester United could miss out on Ousmane Dembele, a Jadon Sancho alternative as the heavily-linked winger is reportedly set to be involved in a different swap deal next summer, reports Tuttosport.
They even waited until the deadline day, having failed to pay the asking £08m price for Borussia Dortmund superstar Jadon Sancho.
However, an abundance of late occurrences saw United missing out on the French prodigy as well. He decided to stay put at the last moment of the summer transfer market.
In the 2020-21 season, the French World Cup-winning forward has made four appearances across all competitions and has carved only one goal and one assist to his name.
According to a report from Tuttosport (via AS), Juventus are considering making another swap deal with Barcelona.
It’s expected that Federico Bernardeschi and Ousmane Dembele would be the two parties involved in the respective deal this time.
Barca and Juve were involved in a swap deal that saw Arthur Melo and Miralem Pjanic moving from one side to another in the last summer transfer window.
It is understood that both parties have benefited from the deal and want to carry out another in the next summer.
Both Bernardeschi and Dembele have their contract left with their respective clubs until June 2022. And a swap deal is deemed to be the only viable option left for the two talented prospects.
Besides Dembele, Bernardeschi was a target for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer last summer.
As per Manchester United Evening News, Dembele could cost a mere €50m fee in January for United.
Manchester United could well be missing out on both should the possible swap deal go through.
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups