Borussia Dortmund will be inclined to accept Manchester United’s bid for Erling Braut Haaland as long as Donny van de Beek is part of the deal, say 90min.
Although Ole Gunnar Solskajer has Anthony Martial to fill in for Edinson Cavani, the Norwegian is looking for a more recognised striker to bolster his attacking options.
Haaland’s name features close to the top of United’s wishlist, but the Red Devils will have to overcome stiff competition to secure the youngster’s services.
Dortmund chiefs must be rubbing their hands ahead of the summer transfer window after dishing out only €20 million to capture the Norway international’s signature in January 2019.
A transfer tug-of-war is on the horizon, with Manchester City, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus all in the running for the headline BVB performer.
However, Solskjaer may have an ace up his sleeve to test Borussia’s resolve.
According to 90min and quoted by the Daily Express, the Bundesliga giants could give United an upper hand over competition provided that Van de Beek was to arrive in return.
The Dutchman has had a rough time since swapping Ajax for Manchester last summer and could be on his way out at the end of the season.
The 23-year-old’s game time under Solskjaer has been at a premium, and a summer departure seems like a plausible solution.
Elsewhere, the Signal Iduna Park has proved to be a fertile ground for out-of-sorts talents.
Axel Witsel and Emre Can have undergone a renaissance since linking up with Dortmund and Van de Beek could be tempted into following in their footsteps.
United spent £40m to take the midfielder away from the Eredivisie and could now use him as a makeweight to bring Haaland’s £110m price tag down.
Solskjaer is not desperate to offload the Dutch starlet, but there is a genuine feeling that the split could benefit all parties involved.
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion