Manchester United are showing interest in Lazio star Sergej Milinkovic-Savic once again, according to reports in France.
Last year we reportedly valued the midfielder at €90 million (£82m), but our offer was rejected by the Italian club.
French outlet FootMercato are reporting the news of our interest in the Serbian international, who could partner with Paul Pogba and Bruno Fernandes in a midfield three next season.
Milinkovic-Savic has been with the Rome-based club for five years now and has helped them to qualify for next season’s Champions League, which could increase his value.
He was voted Serie A’s best midfielder last season and has contributed seven goals and four assists in his 33 league starts so far this campaign. With two games to go, Lazio are already guaranteed a top four finish.
Manchester United have been linked with the 25-year-old in the past but nothing has ever materialised. Perhaps the loss in earnings for Lazio this year could work in our favour this summer.
Our own qualification for next season’s Champions League will only help us attract the very best to Old Trafford and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic is considered just that.
The report goes on to say that Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur are also interested in the midfielder’s signature.
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups