Manchester United have resumed talks to sign Velez Sarsfield midfielder Thiago Almada. [source: Teamtalk]
United are looking to wrap the signing in the January transfer window.
The Reds have been chasing the midfielder for some time, with the 19-year-old regarded as a top prospect in South American football.
This claim is supported by a similar report by TodoFichajes , who say that the United chiefs are hoping to wrap up the deal by January.
A player who is capable of playing on either wing or occasionally upfront, Thiago Almada is able to dictate play from a more central position. He also performs well when it comes to deep completions. He’s also a dangerous crosser of the ball as well as a quick-footed dribbler.
He has been watched by Premier Leagues sides for quite some time and many of them including Man United are ready to make a move in January.
MEN also reported earlier this year linking Almada to Old Trafford. The report also suggests that he’s dubbed as the “new Messi.”
If he arrives at The Old Trafford, he will likely compete with new boy Facundo Pellistri in trying to break into the first-team ranks.
Facundo Pellistri joined Man United from Uruguayan side Atletico Penarol this summer.
Thiago Almada is valued at €18 million by Transfermarkt.
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United
- Ex-Manchester United player named Northern Ireland goalkeeping coach
- Manchester United ahead of Arsenal in race for Ruben Neves
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw played Euro 2020 knockout stage with broken ribs
- Manchester United set to fight Liverpool for Saul Niguez
- Manchester United’s Facundo Pellistri set for loan move
- Manchester United should have signed Ben White, claims Danny Mills