Manchester United have resumed talks to sign Velez Sarsfield midfielder Thiago Almada. [source: Teamtalk]
United are looking to wrap the signing in the January transfer window.
The Reds have been chasing the midfielder for some time, with the 19-year-old regarded as a top prospect in South American football.
This claim is supported by a similar report by TodoFichajes , who say that the United chiefs are hoping to wrap up the deal by January.
A player who is capable of playing on either wing or occasionally upfront, Thiago Almada is able to dictate play from a more central position. He also performs well when it comes to deep completions. He’s also a dangerous crosser of the ball as well as a quick-footed dribbler.
He has been watched by Premier Leagues sides for quite some time and many of them including Man United are ready to make a move in January.
MEN also reported earlier this year linking Almada to Old Trafford. The report also suggests that he’s dubbed as the “new Messi.”
If he arrives at The Old Trafford, he will likely compete with new boy Facundo Pellistri in trying to break into the first-team ranks.
Facundo Pellistri joined Man United from Uruguayan side Atletico Penarol this summer.
Thiago Almada is valued at €18 million by Transfermarkt.
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Manchester United prepared to lose Paul Pogba for free next summer
- Paul Merson explains why Ole Gunnar Solskjaer cannot quit Man Utd job
- Paul Pogba sends message to Man United teammates after Liverpool horror
- David de Gea reacts after Manchester United’s heavy Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp delivers his verdict on Jadon Sancho ahead of Man Utd vs Liverpool clash
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta