Reports from Sky Sports have claimed that Manchester City are now favorites to sign Manchester United target Nicolas Tagliafico from Ajax.
Manchester United are in the market to sign a left-back. However, there are rumours of United being rather interested in signing Porto left-back Alex Telles in this summer transfer window.
But the deal has not found a conclusion yet as there is a substantial difference regarding the valuation of the player between both clubs.
It has been claimed in several reports over the weeks that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer‘s list of alternatives might contain the name of Tagliafico. But, as the recently-emerged report suggests, the Argentinian is on his way to the blue side of Manchester.
Taking his potential move into account, South American football expert Tim Vickery explained on Sky Sports:
“City would be interesting as a move because Tagliafico is Argentina’s first-choice left-back. He’s 28 so he doesn’t have much of a sell-on value, and I don’t think he’s the greatest defender in the world and he doesn’t give you what an Andrew Robertson does at Liverpool – the constant attacking presence.
“But City could set up in a different way. They’ve got wingers to give you width, and if you’re looking for a full-back who can construct from deep and arrive as an element of surprise, then Tagliafico is quite classy and could fill that role for City.
“Looking back at their Champions League exit to Lyon, he was the type of player that was missing from the team that day. If this move does go through, I do feel he has things to bring to the table.”
The same report from Sky Sports also claims that City might be looking to sell one in Oleksandr Zinchenko, who is deemed to be surplus to Guardiola’s current requirements.
Manchester United would not like to interfere in City’s pursuit as the Red Devil’s focus is believingly looming over Porto’s Alex Telles.
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash
- Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Paul Pogba following the playmaker’s post-Leicester comments
- Manchester United vs Atalanta: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backing from Manchester United board despite Leicester City defeat
- Manchester United fans sympathise with David de Gea after Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pleased for Manchester United duo despite Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists Manchester United are yet to see best of Marcus Rashford
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirms Marcus Rashford’s availability for Leicester City clash
- Manchester United to be without four first-team regulars for Leicester City clash