Manchester United are heavily linked with Spanish left-back Sergio Reguilon. Fabrizio Romano’s recent comments about the transfer suggest that United are not willing to agree to Real’s buy-back clause. He also adds that Reguilon is looking forward to playing in the red shirt too.
Spurs were also interested in the Spaniard. It was reported that Spurs boss Jose Mourinho personally called Reguilon to persuade him. Recent reports from The Athletic’s David Ornstein reports that the Lilywhites are close to securing a permanent deal for Reguilon.
The Athletic revealed that the deal is not agreed yet but talks have progressed between the clubs and it seems likely.
Reguilon enjoyed a brilliant campaign with Sevilla winning the UEFA Europa League and earning a fourth-place finish. United could really use someone like him as Luke Shaw’s injury record makes him unreliable and Brandon Williams isn’t ready to take the starting role yet.
The Atletic is a reliable source and it could mean that United are set to lose on another transfer target.
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Carabao Cup Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Michael Owen blasts Jesse Lingard’s post-goal reaction versus West Ham
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start