Manchester United are heavily linked with Spanish left-back Sergio Reguilon. Fabrizio Romano’s recent comments about the transfer suggest that United are not willing to agree to Real’s buy-back clause. He also adds that Reguilon is looking forward to playing in the red shirt too.
Spurs were also interested in the Spaniard. It was reported that Spurs boss Jose Mourinho personally called Reguilon to persuade him. Recent reports from The Athletic’s David Ornstein reports that the Lilywhites are close to securing a permanent deal for Reguilon.
The Athletic revealed that the deal is not agreed yet but talks have progressed between the clubs and it seems likely.
Reguilon enjoyed a brilliant campaign with Sevilla winning the UEFA Europa League and earning a fourth-place finish. United could really use someone like him as Luke Shaw’s injury record makes him unreliable and Brandon Williams isn’t ready to take the starting role yet.
The Atletic is a reliable source and it could mean that United are set to lose on another transfer target.
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United
- Ex-Manchester United player named Northern Ireland goalkeeping coach
- Manchester United ahead of Arsenal in race for Ruben Neves
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw played Euro 2020 knockout stage with broken ribs
- Manchester United set to fight Liverpool for Saul Niguez
- Manchester United’s Facundo Pellistri set for loan move
- Manchester United should have signed Ben White, claims Danny Mills