Manchester United midfielder Donny van de Beek has pulled out of the Netherlands squad for the European Championships because of an injury.
The Dutch football association announced that the midfielder “will not be available in time for Euro 2020”.
This will be a major setback to the 24-year old who has been a mainstay for his national side over the last few years.
Van de Beek joined the Red Devils from Ajax last summer but failed to cement a spot in the starting XI.
It was a frustrating campaign for the midfielder as he started only four Premier League games all season.
Bruno Fernandes, Paul Pogba, Fred and Scott McTominay are currently ahead of him in the pecking order.
The European Championship was an opportunity for the former Ajax star to rejuvenate himself and prove that he deserves to see more action.
However, this injury will force him to leave the national camp and focus on regaining his fitness.
- Gary Neville has no doubt who Man United should pursue between Declan Rice and Jude Bellingham
- Manchester United turn attention to Leeds United’s Kalvin Phillips after ending Declan Rice pursuit
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa