According to ESPN, United are considering switching Jadon Sancho for Real Madrid star Gareth Bale.
Yes, we know what you are thinking. Its 2020 and Bale to United rumours are still not over.
United’s topsy turvy move for Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho has dominated the attention of the world in this year’s summer transfer market.
United have been long-term admirers of Sancho, but have struggled to strike a deal with the German club to bring him in.
Sources have told ESPN’s Rob Dawson that progress has been made on issues surrounding wages and agent fees, however, Dortmund are still demanding £108 million for the England international, a fee the Red Devils are not willing to pay.
It now seems like United are over Sancho and actively looking for an alternative.
Reports from the Daily Star say that United are now looking at other targets and Bale could be the man they bring in.
Real Madrid are reportedly willing to pay half his reported £600,000-a-week wages to get him out on loan. It means United would have to pay £300,000-a-week for Bale, amounting to £14-15m per year in salaries.
Mundo Deportivo also reports that United would only have to pay around £15m to sign him permanently.
The arrival of Danny Van De Beek has been United’s only piece of business in the market till now. The club are also looking to add a new left-back. Alex Telles and Sergio Reguilon are the choices that the club is considering.
Real Madrid are looking to sell players to raise funds in this transfer window. This and Zinedine Zidane’s loss of confidence in the winger could see him leave the Spanish capital easily.
OGS could use a player of Gareth Bale’s calibre in his team. The arrival of Bruno Fernandes has energized the team but Bale’s arrival would take this team to a new level.
Bale’s return to England would be a sight to see for United fans, who dreamed of seeing him in the famous red jersey in the summer of 2013.
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta
- Manchester United fans appreciate Fred’s Champions League performance against Atalanta
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash
- Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Paul Pogba following the playmaker’s post-Leicester comments
- Manchester United vs Atalanta: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backing from Manchester United board despite Leicester City defeat
- Manchester United fans sympathise with David de Gea after Leicester City defeat