According to the ever-reliable Fabrizio Romano, Manchester United have agreed on personal terms with Donny van de Beek till June 2025. The Italian journalist also states that United will pay the 23-year-old’s price tag of €45, a fee that includes add ons.
According to reports elsewhere, Tottenham Hotspurs tried to make a last-ditch attempt to hijack this move, but could not as club’s chief negotiator Matt Judge travelled immediately to Holland to complete the deal.
van de Beek was personally persuaded by manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his long term vision for the club. It is said he told his friends he loved Solskjaer’s determination to sign him and hence why he has made the switch over to Old Trafford.
The deal is on the verge of wrapping up, with paperwork and a medical to follow. A verbal agreement has been reached.
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash
- Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Paul Pogba following the playmaker’s post-Leicester comments
- Manchester United vs Atalanta: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backing from Manchester United board despite Leicester City defeat
- Manchester United fans sympathise with David de Gea after Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pleased for Manchester United duo despite Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists Manchester United are yet to see best of Marcus Rashford
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirms Marcus Rashford’s availability for Leicester City clash
- Manchester United to be without four first-team regulars for Leicester City clash