Manchester United captain Harry Maguire was arrested in the early hours of Friday [21st August 2020] by Greek police in Mykonos. [source: Protothema]
It is believed he was caught in a noisy argument with his friends and other English tourists. The police tried to control the situation but when confronted, Maguire and his entourage resisted.
Subsequently, the police cuffed his hands bringing him to the police station from the bar in Mykonos.
On Thursday night, some fans identified him and started signing his name in the city of Matogiannia.
United’s players are away from England on a holiday and will face Crystal Palace in their opening game in the Premier League on 19th September.
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion