Manchester United are reportedly very close to signing Raphael Varane from Real Madrid.
The experienced defender has already agreed personal terms with the Red Devils.
According to Sport1 reporter Patrick Berger, the deal to sign Varane is currently in the final stages.
Varane is a phenomenal defender who is known for his good technique, strength and speed.
He also boasts plenty of experience playing at the top level of football, helping the Spanish club to three La Liga titles and four Champions League trophies during his time at the club.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer led his side to a second-place finish in the Premier League last season.
However, the Norwegian boss will have to mount a serious title challenge this term if he wants to remain at Old Trafford.
Landing Varane should give the Red Devils a big boost in their chase for the title they haven’t won since Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement in 2013.
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Carabao Cup Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Michael Owen blasts Jesse Lingard’s post-goal reaction versus West Ham
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start