Manchester United are reportedly very close to signing Raphael Varane from Real Madrid.
The experienced defender has already agreed personal terms with the Red Devils.
According to Sport1 reporter Patrick Berger, the deal to sign Varane is currently in the final stages.
Varane is a phenomenal defender who is known for his good technique, strength and speed.
He also boasts plenty of experience playing at the top level of football, helping the Spanish club to three La Liga titles and four Champions League trophies during his time at the club.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer led his side to a second-place finish in the Premier League last season.
However, the Norwegian boss will have to mount a serious title challenge this term if he wants to remain at Old Trafford.
Landing Varane should give the Red Devils a big boost in their chase for the title they haven’t won since Sir Alex Ferguson’s retirement in 2013.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pens new contract at Manchester United
- Manchester United starlet Will Fish joins Stockport County on loan
- Paul McShane rejoins Manchester United in a player-coach role
- Manchester United expecting formal offer from PSG for Paul Pogba
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United
- Ex-Manchester United player named Northern Ireland goalkeeping coach
- Manchester United ahead of Arsenal in race for Ruben Neves