Manchester United have signed 15-year-old center-back Jack Kingdon from Morecambe. The player will work with the U16 side. [source: Manchester Evening News]
Kingdon was pictured wearing United’s training gear putting pen to paper. The player himself confirmed via Twitter.
Kingdon plays for Morecambe’s U18 side and made his debut in August this year. The team managed to keep a clean sheet and Kingdon impressed. There’s very little information on his style of play but his physique looks quite decent.
Since 2019, United have heavily invested in their academy signing the likes of Joe Hugill, Hannibal Mejbri (a Football Manager 2020 favourite), Charlie McNeil, Isak Hansen-Aarøen, Marc Jurado, Facundo Pellistri and Amad Traore. Here’s a full list of 20 popular teenagers United signed.
Earlier this week, the club also signed young goalkeeper Tom Wooster.
This could be quite instrumental in the upcoming years for the Red Devils as the club looks to strengthen their reputation of being one of the best talent factories.
However, United need to strengthen in key areas on the pitch right now as well, with a central defender, a defensive midfielder and a young kid named Sancho all on the list.
- Manchester United close to reaching an agreement for star winger Jadon Sancho
- Manchester United want Paul Pogba to stay at Old Trafford
- Axel Tuanzebe set to leave Manchester United on loan
- A look at Scott McTominay’s Euro 2020 journey as Scotland bow out
- Manchester United fans react to Harry Maguire’s dominant return vs the Czech Republic
- Wayne Rooney eager for the “mouthwatering” clash against Manchester United
- Manchester United confirm four pre-season friendly games including Wayne Rooney reunion
- Manchester United captain feels “confident” after recovering from injury for England’s Group D decider
- Jesse Lingard opens up on “emotional” England snub
- Not playing Jadon Sancho is a bizarre decision from Gareth Southgate