Manchester United have confirmed the arrival of Ivory Coast winger Amad Diallo from Atalanta.
In a press release, United noted that the 18-year-old winger has signed a contract with the club up until the end of June 2025, with an option to extend the contract by one year.
The club had come to an agreement to sign Diallo from Atlanta on October 5, 2020 – the deadline day of the summer transfer window.
The deal, though, was not completed, as the transfer was subject to a medical, UK work permit and on personal terms.
But now the formalities have been completed and Diallo is now a United player. The club statement further stated that a Visa application has been filed and once that gets cleared, Diallo will be allowed to join his new teammates at Old Trafford for training.
“These steps in the process have been completed, and an application has been made for a visa,” the statement read.
“Once this has been issued, Diallo will be cleared to travel to Manchester and to train with and play for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side.”
United manager Solskjaer welcomed the new addition to the club and described him as one of the most exciting prospects.
“As a club, we have followed Amad for a number of years and having watched him myself, I believe he is one of the most exciting young prospects in the game,” he said.
“Manchester United has such a proud history of developing young players and everything is in place to enable Amad to reach his potential here.
“It will take time for him to adapt but his speed, vision and fantastic dribbling ability will stand him in good stead to make the transition.
“He is a player with all of the raw attributes that are needed to be an important player for Manchester United in the years to come.”
Meanwhile, Diallo said that it was always a dream for him to play at the Old Trafford and he had been waiting for the transfer to be completed since the summer.
“After waiting since the summer, it is finally a dream come true to complete my move to Manchester United,” added Diallo.
“I am hugely ambitious and there is so much that I want to achieve in the game – when I spoke to the manager I knew that I had joined the perfect club.
“This is a really exciting squad with so many great players, I can promise that I will work hard every day to learn from them and give everything to develop my game.
“The coaches have been fantastic since I signed, we have been in touch regularly and they have already given me a lot of great advice.
“I have had time to prepare for this move, both physically and mentally, and I have worked really hard to be ready to make the step up to this amazing club.”
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta
- Manchester United fans appreciate Fred’s Champions League performance against Atalanta
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash
- Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Paul Pogba following the playmaker’s post-Leicester comments
- Manchester United vs Atalanta: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backing from Manchester United board despite Leicester City defeat