Manchester United have confirmed their midfielder Andreas Pereira has joined La Liga side Granada on a season-long loan switch.
A statement on United’s official website read, “Manchester United midfield prospect Andreas Pereira is set for a loan switch to Granada in La Liga after the two clubs agreed on a season-long transfer.”
The talented Brazilian Under-23 international is set to see out the campaign with Paco Jemez’s side and will have the first team game time, which is pivotal to his development.
After appearing 13 times for the senior team under Louis van Gaal, the 20-year-old marked his name in the score sheet in current boss Jose Mourinho’s first pre-season friendly at Wigan Athletic.
Pereira is touted to have a bright future and is expected to hack it at United in future. The creative midfielder signed for United from PSV Eindhoven in July 2012.
One of the most talented prospects, Pereira signed a new improved contract on 1st May, 2015, making him a United player until 2018, with an option for an extension of one more year.
“I love Andreas Pereira as a player and I would love to have him in my squad. But he will go to Granada,” United manager explained.
Take a look at Pereira pictures at Granada training:
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides contract update about Manchester United star
- Manchester United unwilling to let Daniel James leave
- AC Milan to make another bid for Manchester United’s Diogo Dalot
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pens new contract at Manchester United
- Manchester United starlet Will Fish joins Stockport County on loan
- Paul McShane rejoins Manchester United in a player-coach role
- Manchester United expecting formal offer from PSG for Paul Pogba
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid