Manchester United have officially announced the details of their pre-season friendly fixtures.
The Red Devils will take on club legend Wayne Rooney’s Derby County at Pride Park on July 18.
They will have a week-long training camp in the United Kingdom which will be followed by an away game with Queens Park Rangers on July 24.
The last two pre-season games will be played at Old Trafford against newly-promoted Premier League side Brentford and Everton on July 28 and August 7 respectively.
These two games will also give the club the opportunity to welcome fans back to the Theatre of Dreams.
However, the numbers of fans allowed to visit the game will be decided after taking notice of the government’s COVID-19 guidelines.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer complained about the little pre-season practice in the previous campaign due to the pandemic.
The Red Devils made a poor start to the season, losing three of the first six games in the league.
Ultimately, those lost points came back to bite them as they failed to catch Manchester City in the title race.
This pre-season schedule has been built keeping in mind the travel restrictions.
The onus will be on Solskjaer to deliver a strong title challenge this season.
The Red Devils have been trophyless for the last four years and the pressure will be on the Norweigan to deliver silverware.
- AC Milan to make another bid for Manchester United’s Diogo Dalot
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pens new contract at Manchester United
- Manchester United starlet Will Fish joins Stockport County on loan
- Paul McShane rejoins Manchester United in a player-coach role
- Manchester United expecting formal offer from PSG for Paul Pogba
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United
- Ex-Manchester United player named Northern Ireland goalkeeping coach