According to a report from The Sun, Manchester United are considering keeping a close eye on Ajax’s Nicolas Tagliafico in case a deal for Porto full-back Alex Telles falls apart.
Manchester United qualified for the next round of EFL Carabao Cup on Wednesday night, beating Luton Town 3-0 away from home.
United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer decided to make some changes to his starting line-up, picking United’s academy graduate Brandon Williams to play on the left-back position.
Although he was the first to earn a penalty from which Juan Mata drew the first blood in favour of the Manchester-based side, there were instances where Williams looked shabby.
United’s first choice left-back Luke Shaw is decent but remains unreliable due to his injury record.
United lost Spanish left-back Sergio Reguilon to Tottenham Hotspur earlier in the transfer window.
Fabrizio Romano claims that Manchester United need to pay €20m for Telles.
Should Porto, despite knowing that Telles could leave next summer as a free agent, decide to reject United’s offer, a third-choice option in Argentine full-back Tagliafico then comes to the sight of United’s recruitment team to work with.
There are also noises around the club that Tagliafico could sign a new contract if no significant transfer approach is made.
- Manchester United unwilling to let Daniel James leave
- AC Milan to make another bid for Manchester United’s Diogo Dalot
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pens new contract at Manchester United
- Manchester United starlet Will Fish joins Stockport County on loan
- Paul McShane rejoins Manchester United in a player-coach role
- Manchester United expecting formal offer from PSG for Paul Pogba
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United