According to a report from The Sun, Manchester United are considering keeping a close eye on Ajax’s Nicolas Tagliafico in case a deal for Porto full-back Alex Telles falls apart.
Manchester United qualified for the next round of EFL Carabao Cup on Wednesday night, beating Luton Town 3-0 away from home.
United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer decided to make some changes to his starting line-up, picking United’s academy graduate Brandon Williams to play on the left-back position.
Although he was the first to earn a penalty from which Juan Mata drew the first blood in favour of the Manchester-based side, there were instances where Williams looked shabby.
United’s first choice left-back Luke Shaw is decent but remains unreliable due to his injury record.
United lost Spanish left-back Sergio Reguilon to Tottenham Hotspur earlier in the transfer window.
Fabrizio Romano claims that Manchester United need to pay €20m for Telles.
Should Porto, despite knowing that Telles could leave next summer as a free agent, decide to reject United’s offer, a third-choice option in Argentine full-back Tagliafico then comes to the sight of United’s recruitment team to work with.
There are also noises around the club that Tagliafico could sign a new contract if no significant transfer approach is made.
- Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Manchester United prepared to lose Paul Pogba for free next summer
- Paul Merson explains why Ole Gunnar Solskjaer cannot quit Man Utd job
- Paul Pogba sends message to Man United teammates after Liverpool horror
- David de Gea reacts after Manchester United’s heavy Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp delivers his verdict on Jadon Sancho ahead of Man Utd vs Liverpool clash
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta