The name of Ismaila Sarr has been linked with a summer move to Old Trafford several times in this summer transfer window.
Reports believe he could be an out-and-out alternative to Jadon Sancho, Manchester United’s reported no.1 target for some time now.
The ongoing summer transfer market is set to close on 5th October.
And according to a recently-emerged story from Sky Sports, the Red Devils could still sign Ismaila Sarr from Watford as the domestic transfer window remains open until October 16.
Therefore, Manchester United have a lifeline in their hands even if they fail to land Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund in the last few days of the summer transfer window.
Having joined Watford from Rennes for a club-record fee of £30m last summer, Sarr impressed in the back and yellow colour but faced relegation following a run of underwhelming results.
The Senegalese certainly deserves to be in a Premier League side, and United’s failure to pay Dortmund’s asking price of €120 million for Sancho could emerge as a blessing in disguise for the 22-year-old winger.
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is not under pressure to select Cristiano Ronaldo every game