Manchester United are eyeing a summer swoop for Bayern Munich star Leon Goretzka.
According to German outlet SportBild, the Red Devils view Goretzka as a potential replacement for Paul Pogba whose contract situation remains unclear.
The Frenchman will be allowed to negotiate a free transfer to a club abroad six months from now.
It won’t be a great sight for United to see one of their most valuable assets leaving without a transfer fee.
Goretzka also has just one more year left in his contract with the Bundesliga champions.
He is willing to extend his stay but the German outfit are yet to offer him a deal that meets his wage demands of around €19.5 million per year.
Red Rants View
The 26-year old joined Bayern in the summer of 2018 and has been a key part of the team since then.
He has featured 112 times, scoring 25 goals and providing 27 assists.
He is a typical box-to-box midfielder who loves to make late runs into the penalty area.
If Pogba does not want to commit his future to United, they should cash in on him this summer.
His departure would decrease the quality of the squad but allowing him to leave on a free transfer for a second time would be criminal.
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Carabao Cup Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Michael Owen blasts Jesse Lingard’s post-goal reaction versus West Ham