Harry Maguire returned to action on Tuesday for the first time since damaging his ankle against Aston Villa in early May.
It was a positive return for the Manchester United captain as he played a pivotal role in helping his team register a 1-0 win over Czech Republic.
The result ensured the Three Lions finished top of Group D after amassing seven points from their three games.
Maguire was solid defensively and almost earned an assist when he made a driving run from deep to create a wonderful goalscoring opportunity for Jude Bellingham in the second half.
He played eight passes in the final third, more than any other England player against the Czechs.
In the previous two games, Tyrone Mings started as the left-sided centre-back.
To be fair, the Aston Villa defender looked calm and solid with John Stones alongside him, but he may struggle for game time now Maguire is fit.
The former Leicester City player was a colossal presence at the heart of the defence.
He made two clearances, one tackle and finished the game with an 88% pass success rate.
Here’s how a few United fans reacted on social media to Maguire’s excellent comeback:
- Manchester United unwilling to let Daniel James leave
- AC Milan to make another bid for Manchester United’s Diogo Dalot
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pens new contract at Manchester United
- Manchester United starlet Will Fish joins Stockport County on loan
- Paul McShane rejoins Manchester United in a player-coach role
- Manchester United expecting formal offer from PSG for Paul Pogba
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United