There is nothing more enjoyable than guiding your team to glory in Football Manager 2020 but scouting the best talent and testing which system to use can be time-consuming. Make the job easier with this FM 2020 Manchester United team guide.
The Red Devils have an embarrassment of riches and the capacity to play exciting, attacking football. This team guide will show which of the current crop to nurture and develop as well as which other wonderkids to sign and then which system to use them in.
3 Wonderkids Worth Developing
Let’s start in attack with Marcus Rashford, an obvious choice but at 21 his potential is huge. Fast, skilful and a potential finisher you could either train Marcus up for the left or right wing – making the most of his flair – or advance his development as a striker. Now worth £79 million in 2026, Rashford has made 343 league appearances for United.
Marcus Rashford profile 2026
Sticking upfront Mason Greenwood could be the best striker in Football Manager 2020. Pace and acceleration are just two attributes required to beat your man. Balance, agility, dribbling and technique are important but also off the ball and anticipation. The latter are used to gain that extra yard before even receiving possession. Greenwood can develop all these attributes to a world class level.
Mason Greenwood profile 2026
Moving into midfield and a curveball, we have Hannibal Mejbri. At just 16 years of age Mejbri has flexible potential (meaning development can vary from save to save) but bags of talent. During my test save Mejbri’s value soared to £70 million. Capable in almost any role try training Hannibal as a playmaker to develop those creative attributes.
Hannibal Mejbri profile 2026
Best FM20 Wonderkids to buy when managing Man Utd
Using FM Stories best FM20 wonderkids list I have formed the shortlist of targets below. McTominay, Lingard and Pereira are substandard while Fred and Mata are too old, so central midfield needs an overhaul. United also lack world-class centre backs for the future and more strength in depth up front. Of course, we’re not talking about buying ready-made players, because Bruno Fernandes should have been there last summer (and will be a part of the team if you start from the Spring update database).
The targets below are selected with a 4-4-2, attacking system in mind:
- Nicolo Zaniolo – MC – 19 years old
- Eduardo Camavinga – MC – 16 years old
- Exequiel Palacios – MC – 20 years old
- Sandro Tonali – MC – 19 years old
- Jerome Onguene – DC – 21 years old
- Davide Bettella – DC – 19 years old
- Nicolo Armini – DC – 18 years old
- Lautaro Martinez – ST – 21 years old
- Sebastiano Esposito – ST – 16 years old
- Fabio Silva – ST – 16 years old
Best tactic to use with Man Utd in FM 2020
Tactics can make or break any Football Manager save. You can either use the presets setting up a system to best suit your team from shape to player roles, or you can use my approach. I find success using a tactic which prioritises functionality first and requires you to buy new players or re-train the ones you have.
Duke Ryan’s 4-4-2 is the best Football Manager 2020 tactic I have tested and utilises a simple shape making integration simple. A system built around attacking, high pressing Football it is tailor- for Manchester United (not literally of course.) As with any system Duke Ryan features many team and player-specific instructions so you should download the tactic linked above, not try to replicate.
These hints and tips should have you winning in no time and bringing back the glory days of Sir Alex Ferguson. Enjoy.
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups