Manchester United have been handed a crucial boost as Alex Telles and Scott McTominay both trained on Monday.
Alex Telles was injured during the pre-season friendlies. He picked up a knee injury against Derby County and has been sidelined since July.
McTominay suffered a groin injury before United faced Wolverhampton Wanderers. He underwent surgery and was expected to be out for a while.
Dean Henderson also returned after recovering from COVID-19 and produced some excellent saves in training,
Cristiano Ronaldo is serving his five-day quarantine and is expected to link up with the squad on Wednesday.
The return of McTominay and Telles will be welcomed by manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
McTominay has been an important player for United, and his presence was missed in the middle of the park.
Fred and Nemanja Matic struggled in McTominay’s absence, and his return to action is a major boost.
Although Luke Shaw has been favoured over Telles at left-back, the latter’s recent form has given Solskjaer food for thought.
He played well in pre-season before picking up an injury and will now put Shaw under pressure for a starting role.
McTominay and Telles could both return against Newcastle United this weekend, although they may have to settle for a place on the bench.
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups