First it was Quagliarella (Q) saying that United were after him and had placed a 10m bid for him.
Bogus, because United are either buying experience (Hargreaves) or for the future (Nani, Anderson) and Q at 23 is neither and because United already have youth where strikers are concerned so I’d figure that they would go for someone more experienced, IF they go for anyone. Q doesn’t have Prem experience nor does he have CL experience.
And now Q’s agent, SP, says that there has been no contact made by United with Q, SP or Sampdoria.
However, he still maintains that despite the lack of contact, there IS some interest from United.
So how do United register their interest then? Did Fergie come to Q in his dreams? I guess that would work – after all, people believe in flying horses, in walking on water and what not (insert personal irreverent thoughts on religion here) – Fergie asking you to come to OT for 10m sounds quite reasonable.
Checked the Wikipedia entry for Quagliarella – someone has edited it today saying that Udinese now have full ownership rights of the player (previously those rights were shared between Sampdoria and Udinese).
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups