Manchester United have identified Bayern Munich winger Kingsley Coman as an alternative to Jadon Sancho.
However, the difference between the two fees is not enormous and could be negotiated to reach an agreement.
According to Sport1’s Florian Plettenberg, the Red Devils are expected to table an offer for the 24-year old winger if they fail in their pursuit of Sancho.
New Bayern manager Julian Nagelsmann is said to be aware of the interest from United but wants to keep the player.
Red Rants view
Coman has one of the most decorated trophy cabinets you will ever see for a player who is in his mid-20s.
He has won league titles in Italy, Germany and France. Apart from that, he has also won the Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup, German Cups and Italian Cups.
Conan will be aiming to win his first trophy with France in this summer’s European Championships.
The winger is valued at €65 million by Transfermarkt making him a cheaper alternative to Sancho.
However, the major concern for United will be his injury record.
The former Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain player has often missed substantial portions of seasons due to injuries.
If he does end up at Old Trafford this summer, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will have to pay close attention to Coman’s workload.
- Manchester United close to reaching an agreement for star winger Jadon Sancho
- Manchester United want Paul Pogba to stay at Old Trafford
- Axel Tuanzebe set to leave Manchester United on loan
- A look at Scott McTominay’s Euro 2020 journey as Scotland bow out
- Manchester United fans react to Harry Maguire’s dominant return vs the Czech Republic
- Wayne Rooney eager for the “mouthwatering” clash against Manchester United
- Manchester United confirm four pre-season friendly games including Wayne Rooney reunion
- Manchester United captain feels “confident” after recovering from injury for England’s Group D decider
- Jesse Lingard opens up on “emotional” England snub
- Not playing Jadon Sancho is a bizarre decision from Gareth Southgate