Manchester United are reportedly interested in signing teenage midfielder Yusuf Demir from FC Rapid Vienna in the January transfer window.
Demir has been linked with Real Madrid in the past few weeks but, according to the latest report from Defensa Central, United are also interested in the youngster.
The report further stated that among the two clubs, United appear to be the ones more interested in the Austrian international. The Red Devils are yet to make a concrete offer for the player but are currently in talks with his representatives.
Demir has made 14 senior appearances in the Austrian Bundesliga and Europa League this season. The Austrian club has reportedly set an asking price of €10 million for the player, with Barcelona reportedly yet another big European club interested in the midfielder.
Demir would be a curious choice for United, even though manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has always been eager to bring in young talent to nurture them into first-team players.
Solskjaer’s signing of 19-year-old Amad Diallo from Atalanta and 20-year-old Facundo Pellistri from Peñarol testifies to his interest in signing young footballers.
But there is already too much competition in the midfield at United at the moment. Despite all the buzz around him when he was signed from Ajax, the 23-year-old Donny van de Beek is struggling to break into the United first team on a regular basis.
Even if United sell Paul Pogba by the summer, the club would have to go for a bigger name to replace the Frenchman – which further puts question marks on their interest in signing Demir.
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is not under pressure to select Cristiano Ronaldo every game