Manchester United are in ‘pole position’ to acquire Tottenham Hotspur star Harry Kane, according to Football Insider.
Manchester City have also been heavily linked with the 27-year-old, with the Citizens considering him the ideal candidate to replace Sergio Aguero who joined Barcelona on a free transfer in June.
However, their opening bid of £100 million was turned down by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy last month.
The Red Devils are now said to be leading the race for the experienced footballer.
United have received encouragement in recent talks that the two clubs can reach an agreement for the England international.
Spurs reportedly want a £100m fee plus two first-team players in part exchange for their star player.
Harry Kane has been a consistent performer in the Premier League since Mauricio Pochettino arrived at Tottenham in 2014 and started giving him more first-team opportunities.
He is known for his goalscoring prowess and ability to link play. Kane has plundered 166 top-flight goals for the London side and also claimed three Premier League Golden Boot awards.
Landing such a phenomenal player could hugely improve the Red Devils’ chances for the league title next season.
However, if the deal is cash plus players, it will be interesting to see who moves from United to Tottenham.
Jesse Lingard is a prime candidate following his productive loan spell with West Ham United during the second half of last season.
Another could be a centre-back, with Eric Bailly the most likely option.
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Carabao Cup Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Michael Owen blasts Jesse Lingard’s post-goal reaction versus West Ham