According to 90min, Manchester United are one of the six Premier League sides expressing an interest in signing Samuel Chukwueze.
Chukwueze joined Villareal’s youth set-up in 2017 and has progressed through their ranks to play regular football for their senior side. The 21-year-old is now valued at £80 million.
The Nigerian made 89 appearances for the Spanish side, garnering 13 goals and 11 assists (as per Transfermarkt).
He had previously been linked with a move to Arsenal and several other big clubs across the globe. However, Chukwueze chose to stay with the Yellow Submarine.
The aforementioned report suggests that Premier League clubs such as Wolverhampton Wanderers, Leicester City and Everton have shown immense interest in the 21-year-old right-winger. Liverpool and Chelsea have also been mentioned.
Our take on Chukwueze
Chukwueze is a bright prospect who could do well in the Premier League. However, United do not need another young winger.
United have Pellistri and Traore as younger options to groom. Another player in the mix will complicate things.
Another difficulty for this transfer to go through is the transfer fee. A plethora of clubs are interested and an £80m reported fee makes it above United’s budget.
If United want to sign a winger, the money would be be better spent on a proven player.
- Gary Neville has no doubt who Man United should pursue between Declan Rice and Jude Bellingham
- Manchester United turn attention to Leeds United’s Kalvin Phillips after ending Declan Rice pursuit
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa