Manchester United have been credited with an interest in signing Corentin Tolisso from Bayern Munich.
The French midfielder had an impressive debut campaign with the German giants between 2017 and 2018 where he registered 10 goals and seven assists for the club from 40 appearances.
However, his second season was hampered early by a serious knee injury and on his comeback, he has been in-and-out of the starting lineup under manager Hansi Flick.
According to Footmercato, the Bundesliga champions are prepared to sanction the sale of the World Cup winner and United are understood to be one of the many clubs interested in signing him.
Tolisso has primarily played as the central midfielder during his career but he has the tendency to make regular forward runs and has managed a number of goalscoring contributions.
Besides this, the Frenchman can also slot into the holding midfield position and has shown an impressive workrate when it comes to tracking back to close down the opponent.
United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is said to be eyeing a new central midfielder for next season and Tolisso could be an option for the Norwegian despite the fact that he has struggled with his fitness of late.
Tolisso has made only 10 starts in the Bundesliga and Champions League combined this term but he has still managed to contribute three goals and five assists from the centre of the park.
The midfielder’s versatility should appeal the manager and he offers something similar to compatriot Paul Pogba with the knack of making runs towards the box and a keen eye for goal.
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash
- Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Paul Pogba following the playmaker’s post-Leicester comments
- Manchester United vs Atalanta: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backing from Manchester United board despite Leicester City defeat
- Manchester United fans sympathise with David de Gea after Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pleased for Manchester United duo despite Leicester City defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists Manchester United are yet to see best of Marcus Rashford
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirms Marcus Rashford’s availability for Leicester City clash
- Manchester United to be without four first-team regulars for Leicester City clash