The focus will definitely shift towards the field from the off-field business as the Premier League exploded into action yesterday. United get an extension for their involvement in the latter stages of the UEFA Europa League last season and will play from next week. They face Crystal Palace on Saturday at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils confirmed the signing of Donny van de Beek from Ajax at the start of the month. He featured in the friendly against Aston Villa yesterday. United’s transfer business, however, is far from over as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer would look to cut the ‘quality’ deficit from their fiercest rivals.
The Jandon Sancho saga is a soap opera now and still, nobody knows for certain what will happen next.
Bournemouth’s David Brooks was suggested as an alternative to Sancho earlier assuming that he would come significantly cheaper as compared to the Dortmund winger. But journalist Alan Nixon revealed in a tweet that the Cherries want £50m for the Welsh winger.
Leicester and Spurs are the other teams who’re interested in Brooks. But considering the price tag set by the south coast club any club would rethink, particularly in the current climate.
Brooks is talented, young and he could be a key player in Bournemouth’s pursuit of getting back to the top-flight. But last month their manager, Jason Tindall, said last month that the club is willing to sell players if they get popper offers.
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Carabao Cup Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Michael Owen blasts Jesse Lingard’s post-goal reaction versus West Ham