Atletico Madrid’s Kieran Trippier is desperate for a return to the Premier League this summer, according to The Telegraph.
The 30-year-old enjoyed an impressive 2020-21 season with Diego Simeone’s side, racking up 28 league appearances to help his side win the La Liga title.
The experienced right-back also played an important role for England at the European Championships, making five appearances as the Three Lions made it to the final.
Manchester United tabled an offer for Trippier in June but Atletico rejected the bid.
It has now emerged that he is keen to return to England, sparking further speculation about his future.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka is currently the first-choice right-back at Old Trafford.
However, the Red Devils need another player in that position to provide competition to the 23-year-old.
Trippier boasts plenty of experience playing in the English top-flight.
He could be used as a wing-back by United as he thrived in that role for England at the European Championship.
However, the La Liga club are reportedly demanding around £30 million for Tripper, which is excessive considering his age.
- AC Milan to make another bid for Manchester United’s Diogo Dalot
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pens new contract at Manchester United
- Manchester United starlet Will Fish joins Stockport County on loan
- Paul McShane rejoins Manchester United in a player-coach role
- Manchester United expecting formal offer from PSG for Paul Pogba
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid
- Paul Pogba turns down £50m contract offer at Manchester United
- Ex-Manchester United player named Northern Ireland goalkeeping coach