According to the Daily Mail, United are considering alternatives for the English winger. The club has primarily decided on a short-list of three players.
One of them is Ivan Perisic.
Perisic was linked to Manchester United during Jose Mourinho’s reign as the Portuguese boss looked to sell Anthony Martial and buy the Croatian forward. Perisic is known to be the perfect Mourinho-esque winger.
The reports in the media suggested that the deal fell through due to Ed Woodward’s reluctance to meet Inter Milan’s £48m valuation.
Ivan Perisic had come back to life with his performances on-loan for Bayern Munich last season. His contributions have been useful for Bayern as they secured a treble last season which included the Bundesliga and the Uefa UCL.
There are conflicting reports regarding his future at his parent club Inter Milan. Inter manager Antonio Conte has had a successful first season at the helm of the Italian giants and has been non-committal regarding the Croatian’s future.
OGS is looking to add a winger to his team for next season. Besides Perisic, the other two names on the list are of Douglas Costa and Gareth Bale.
United have already had a bid rejected for Costa. The club is also finding it difficult to meet Bale’s high salary demands.
Perisic could be United’s ideal replacement for Sancho. The Croatian wanted to come to England and this could be his dream come true,
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Carabao Cup Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Michael Owen blasts Jesse Lingard’s post-goal reaction versus West Ham
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start