On-loan from Manchester United, Andreas Pereira made his Serie A debut for Lazio on Sunday and bagged his first goal for his new club.
It did prove to be a pleasant afternoon for the Eagles as they went on to bag all the three points following a dramatic 4-3 victory against a decent Torino side.
Pereira joined Lazio from Manchester United last summer on a season-long loan deal with an option to make it a permanent move.
This was his first outing in the league for the Italian giants. He broke the deadlock – a decent cross met the feet of Patric, who slid the ball towards Pereira to have a clear go at the goal.
Without wasting the opportunity, the Brazilian playmaker slotted the ball home with a thumping hit.
Here is the heatmap of Andreas Pereira against Torino (via Sofascore):
As per the stats revealed by Sofascore, Pereira was on the pitch for the first forty-five minutes. He completed 18 passes from 22 attempted, with an accuracy of 82%.
What stats hide is his off the ball movement which allowed him to avoid opposition defenders and be a passing option for his own teammates.
However, he got dribbled past thrice in a span of 45 minutes. He was found guilty of giving away a penalty. Andrea Belotti made it 2-1 for Torino from the spot-kick.
In the process, Andreas Pereira received his first yellow card in Lazio’s outfit. To be precise, it was a topsy-turvy league debut for the 24-year-old attacking midfielder.
He was substituted out in the beginning of the second-half for a more defensive option: Jean-Daniel Akpro.
- Gary Neville has no doubt who Man United should pursue between Declan Rice and Jude Bellingham
- Manchester United turn attention to Leeds United’s Kalvin Phillips after ending Declan Rice pursuit
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa