According to Norwegian journalist Fredrik A. N. Filtvedt, Manchester United are looking to offload Chris Smalling and Phil Jones to Roma and Newcastle United respectively, in order to fund a move for Dayot Upamecano.
Smalling is ‘close’ to joining the Italian side, according to Fabrizio Romano. Meanwhile, the deal with Newcastle United for Phil Jones is not quite advanced yet. The Toons have been interested in Jones for a while now and it looks like both Uniteds might finally pull the plug on the deal this summer.
Both Smalling and Jones never really inspired in their United careers despite both of them being destined for greater glories, be it injuries or inconsistencies.
And thirdly, according to La Repubblica, Lazio are eyeing up Marcos Rojo for a fee of €8 million.
The Argentine was out on loan at boyhood club Estudiantes LP since January and is amongst the deadwood Ole Gunnar Solskjaer are looking to clear out.
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion