It appeared all but over for Gabriel Magalhaes’ proposed move to Manchester United as Arsenal were in pole position to sign the Brazilian defender. Napoli had also agreed on a fee with Lille but were waiting on the sale of Kalidou Koulibaly to go through before committing on Gabriel. Arsenal were the clear front runners, with a fee of €26 million plus €4 million in bonuses finalised.
That was until Gianluca Di Marzio confirmed on his latest blog post that the Red Devils are back in the hunt for the 22-year-old having submitted a concrete offer. The Italian journalist also states that it has now turned into an auction for Gabriel, with Arsenal, Napoli and now United all turning out to be serious suitors for the defender.
Di Marzio also states that Gabriel is likely to make his decision by the weekend, i.e., in the next 48 hours. The two days can have a lot of twists and turns in themselves, but it seems like Gabriel’s exit from Lille will be confirmed by Monday and so will his destination.
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta
- Manchester United fans appreciate Fred’s Champions League performance against Atalanta
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash
- Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Paul Pogba following the playmaker’s post-Leicester comments
- Manchester United vs Atalanta: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backing from Manchester United board despite Leicester City defeat