Atletico Madrid are interested in signing Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard, according to a report from 90min.
The 28-year-old enjoyed an impressive loan spell at West Ham United during the second half of last season, scoring nine goals in 16 games.
He earned a call-up to the provisional England squad for the European Championships but was cut from the final list.
Lingard has been linked with a permanent move to West Ham, with manager David Moyes keen to secure his services.
However, Atletico have now emerged as candidates to sign Lingard.
Lingard is a highly talented player who is known for his speed and dribbling skills.
However, since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has better options in his position, the England international is unlikely to get regular football at Old Trafford.
On that basis, he needs to join a club where he can hope can secure more game time.
His current contract expires in 2022, meaning United face the prospect of losing him for free next year.
They value Lingard at £25 million but will probably agree to a lower fee to bring in some additional transfer funds.
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Carabao Cup Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Michael Owen blasts Jesse Lingard’s post-goal reaction versus West Ham
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start