Atletico Madrid are interested in signing Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard, according to a report from 90min.
The 28-year-old enjoyed an impressive loan spell at West Ham United during the second half of last season, scoring nine goals in 16 games.
He earned a call-up to the provisional England squad for the European Championships but was cut from the final list.
Lingard has been linked with a permanent move to West Ham, with manager David Moyes keen to secure his services.
However, Atletico have now emerged as candidates to sign Lingard.
Lingard is a highly talented player who is known for his speed and dribbling skills.
However, since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has better options in his position, the England international is unlikely to get regular football at Old Trafford.
On that basis, he needs to join a club where he can hope can secure more game time.
His current contract expires in 2022, meaning United face the prospect of losing him for free next year.
They value Lingard at £25 million but will probably agree to a lower fee to bring in some additional transfer funds.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides contract update about Manchester United star
- Manchester United unwilling to let Daniel James leave
- AC Milan to make another bid for Manchester United’s Diogo Dalot
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pens new contract at Manchester United
- Manchester United starlet Will Fish joins Stockport County on loan
- Paul McShane rejoins Manchester United in a player-coach role
- Manchester United expecting formal offer from PSG for Paul Pogba
- Jadon Sancho signs for Manchester United
- Raphael Varane is the statement signing Manchester United need
- Manchester United’s €45m opening bid for Raphael Varane turned down by Real Madrid