Real Madrid have been offered the chance to sign Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba through his agent Mino Raiola, Catalan outlet El Nacional reports.
The midfielder has entered the final nine months of his Red Devils contract, and he has yet to put pen-to-paper on a new long-term deal.
He can sign a pre-contract with a foreign club in January, and Raiola has already contacted interested clubs over a potential transfer.
Paris Saint-Germain were credited with an interest in Pogba this summer, but the midfielder has his sights on playing in the Spanish top-flight.
Having played in the Premier League and Serie A, the France international wants to complete the circle with a move to La Liga next summer.
Raiola has been in contact with his close friend and Barcelona president Joan Laporta, but the club can’t afford his signature at the moment.
Madrid have emerged as the ideal destination for the midfielder despite Raiola’s mixed relationship with their president Florentino Perez.
Pogba believes he can earn his last big-money contract at Madrid, while the move would also benefit Raiola significantly with brokerage fees.
Pogba has made a sublime start to the current campaign, bagging seven assists from just six league games. He has excelled playing from the left-wing position.
Keeping the Frenchman remains pivotal for the Red Devils as they are close to building a squad that could compete for regular silverware in years to come.
It was recently reported that Pogba was leaning towards a new deal after the impact of Cristiano Ronaldo on his return, but there does not appear any progress.
United have less than three months to sort out a new deal as Madrid could make a serious effort to sign him on a pre-contract when the transfer window reopens.
A mid-season departure appears unlikely for the £54 million-rated star, but United could yet change their stance to recoup part of the £89m paid for his services in 2016.
Pogba reportedly has a £400,000-per-week offer on the table at United.
The package would make him the second-highest earner in the Premier League behind Cristiano Ronaldo.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com.
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta
- Manchester United fans appreciate Fred’s Champions League performance against Atalanta
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash
- Rio Ferdinand takes aim at Paul Pogba following the playmaker’s post-Leicester comments
- Manchester United vs Atalanta: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backing from Manchester United board despite Leicester City defeat