Manchester United have been put on red alert after the news broke out that a reputed sporting director in Luis Campos was edging closer to leaving his desired role at French club Lille.
According Canal Football Club (via GFFN), Lille’s sporting director, Luis Campos, has not been at the French club since the culmination of the international summer transfer window on 5th October.
As reports claim, he is not interested in returning back to his role at Lille following a reported verbal disagreement between him and director general of the club, Marc Ingla, over the summer.
The presence of Lille president Gérard Lopez hasn’t had helped Campos’ causes either.
And as a result, the only way of salvation for the 56-year-old veteran is a forced exit.
Reports further insist that he wants to end the contract with Lille as soon as possible.
He feels that he hasn’t been backed to achieve his ambitions, and the governing body hasn’t heard what he demanded over the last few months.
Hence, he thinks he needs to move on from a club that doesn’t value his ideals.
Manchester United have been reportedly in the hunt for an apt technical director, who would be a medium between manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Ed Woodward.
Ed Woodward is currently the individual who has the access to talk to the higher authority in Joel Glazers regarding sanctioning any sale or resolving any transfer.
Nevertheless, Woodward is not a person with an illustrious footballing background.
Therefore, United need someone who can read today’s footballing market and react accordingly.
Manchester United currently don’t have a technical director. And the Red Devils perhaps are the only club in the ‘top-six’ that don’t have a suitable man on that respective role.
However, there is a dire need to fill that position as several names have had been linked over the years.
But the void is yet to be fulfilled.
Campos would leave Lille with a vision for a better job, after the remarkable work he has done for the Ligue 1 club.
And an astute role at the red side of Manchester would be a perfect step-up for the Portuguese.
- Paul Pogba sends message to Man United teammates after Liverpool horror
- David de Gea reacts after Manchester United’s heavy Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp delivers his verdict on Jadon Sancho ahead of Man Utd vs Liverpool clash
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta
- Manchester United fans appreciate Fred’s Champions League performance against Atalanta
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash