Manchester United will be looking to bulk up their defense with the acquisition of Jules Kounde from Sevilla in the January transfer window, as reported by ESPN.
United have had a shambolic start to the 2020-21 Premier League campaign – having lost two of the three games in the league. To add more misery, they’ve conceded 11 goals!
And as the aforementioned report suggests, should the Reds continue leaking goals at the back, an arrival for a top-class defender would be imminent in the upcoming January transfer window.
Kounde, 21, has been decent at the back-line for Sevilla, leading his team to the Europa League glory last season. As per ESPN, he could cost €65-70m.
Manchester United currently have two defenders in Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo, who are believed to be surplus to the requirements of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Both of them are not in Solskjaer’s plans and could leave the club very soon.
United might first offload the unneeded ones from their ranks and then go for a reputed centre-back next January.
Kounde was also approached by United’s rivals Man City. It shows how talented he is. This will be a shrewd acquisition by the men in red.
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion