As per Chris Wheeler of Daily Mail, Manchester United’s out-of-favor goal-keeper, Sergio Romero is eyeing for a move to the MLS.
Romero was set to join Everton on the deadline day – but was priced out due to United’s high fee expectations. The Toffees ended up signing Robin Olsen.
Romero is currently at his home in Argentina trying to find a way out of Old Trafford.
Things trembled when Dean Henderson – who spent two seasons at Sheffield United on loan returned to United. This meant United have four goalkeepers fighting for one spot – David de Gea, Henderson, Romero and Lee Grant.
It is known that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer prefers de Gea to be the #1 choice. Henderson was one of the best goalkeepers last season and signed a contract extension which suggested he was the no.2 choice behind de Gea. The United academy graduate was very vocal and demanded regular minutes. It’s established that de Gea will start Premier League and Champions League games – leaving the remaining for Henderson.
Romero is nowhere in the picture. The Argentine goalkeeper is one of the best shot-stoppers and any team in need of a goalie can benefit from his services. Chelsea, Everton, and Aston Villa were interested but United didn’t make move as it’s against their transfer strategy to sell players to other Premier League clubs.
Romero deserve better and United should do everything in their capacity to listen to his demands.
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups