Manchester United are reportedly prepared to let defender Phil Jones leave Old Trafford on a free transfer this summer.
According to 90min, the Red Devils are keen to move on the 29-year-old because they want to improve their defensive options.
The arrival of one new central defender is imminent as United have agreed a £41 million transfer fee with Real Madrid for Raphael Varane.
The former Blackburn Rovers player still has two years remaining on his current contract.
However, he is considered as surplus to requirements at Old Trafford and the Premier League outfit are ready to let him leave.
Several English clubs are interested in Jones, including Everton, Newcastle United and Southampton.
West Ham United, Brighton & Hove Albion, Crystal Palace and Burnley are also monitoring the situation.
Jones hasn’t played for United’s first team since an FA Cup outing in January 2020.
The defender’s injury issues have kept him sidelined at Old Trafford in the last few years.
With plenty of competition for places at United, there looks to be no future for him in Manchester.
He is on £100,000-per-week wages, which is deterring potential suitors.
However, United are now taking the drastic action of releasing him from his deal, which looks like a good move on their part.
- Paul Pogba sends message to Man United teammates after Liverpool horror
- David de Gea reacts after Manchester United’s heavy Premier League defeat to Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp delivers his verdict on Jadon Sancho ahead of Man Utd vs Liverpool clash
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Liverpool
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Mark Lawrenson predicts Manchester United’s result vs Liverpool
- Harry Maguire delivers his verdict on Man United’s win over Atalanta
- Manchester United fans appreciate Fred’s Champions League performance against Atalanta
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Atalanta
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer provides fitness update on four players ahead of Atalanta clash