The story further reveals that the likes of Chelsea, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Leicester City, and Everton are also interested in aspiring talent.
Having graduated from the Villareal youth academy, Chukwueze has made 91 appearances for Villareal, garnering 13 goals and 12 assists.
These numbers are not outstanding, but the player is earmarked as having significant potential and at 21, he is still developing.
Chukwueze’s contract at Villareal is set to expire in 2023. Any interested party could ensure his services by triggering his release clause of £71m.
There’s no doubt Chukwueze is a decent young player but United already have Amad Diallo Traore and Facundo Pellistri to groom. More players will mean lesser game-time to players already on the books.
Moreover, the financial aspect of this deal doesn’t make sense. The £71m release clause is a staggering amount when there are better alternatives present. And if United decide they want to overpay for a player, they could just go and sign Jadon Sancho.
- Gary Neville has no doubt who Man United should pursue between Declan Rice and Jude Bellingham
- Manchester United turn attention to Leeds United’s Kalvin Phillips after ending Declan Rice pursuit
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa