Manchester United are sweating on Marcus Rashford’s fitness as he is planning to undergo surgery after Euro 2020.
The 23-year-old has been dealing with shoulder and foot injuries throughout the 2020-21 season but still managed to remain available for the team.
He is currently involved with the England national team as they prepare for the upcoming European Championships.
According to The Mirror, United’s number 10 will be having surgery ‘for at least one of the injuries – most likely his foot’.
If this is the case, one can expect him to miss the start of the next season.
Red Rants view
Rashford made 57 appearances for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer this past campaign.
Being on international duty means more workload on the patriotic striker.
England are one of the favourites to advance to the final of the tournament on July 11.
The new Premier League season will commence on August 14, leaving the forward little time to recover from the surgery.
He is one of the key players in Solskjaer’s team and his unavailability at the start of the term would be a huge blow to the club.
United lost three of the first six games last season which eventually prevented them from mounting a serious title challenge.
The Red Devils cannot afford another slow start to the season if they want to rectify matters this term.
- Manchester United close to reaching an agreement for star winger Jadon Sancho
- Manchester United want Paul Pogba to stay at Old Trafford
- Axel Tuanzebe set to leave Manchester United on loan
- A look at Scott McTominay’s Euro 2020 journey as Scotland bow out
- Manchester United fans react to Harry Maguire’s dominant return vs the Czech Republic
- Wayne Rooney eager for the “mouthwatering” clash against Manchester United
- Manchester United confirm four pre-season friendly games including Wayne Rooney reunion
- Manchester United captain feels “confident” after recovering from injury for England’s Group D decider
- Jesse Lingard opens up on “emotional” England snub
- Not playing Jadon Sancho is a bizarre decision from Gareth Southgate