Manchester United have made their first bid for Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho.
The Red Devils were linked with Sancho last summer but didn’t meet the sky-high valuation of the Bundesliga club.
However, Dortmund have reportedly reduced their asking price to €95 million due to the negative financial consequences of COVID-19.
According to the German publication Bild, the Red Devils have made an initial offer of £60 million (€70m) for Sancho.
Fabrizio Romano has confirmed that personal terms with the player have been agreed, with United offering a contract until 2026.
Their first bid is still €25 million short of Dortmund’s asking pirce.
It will be interesting to see if the German giants will hold firm as they did last year or cash in on the player this time.
Pressure on Ole Gunnar Solksjaer is increasing as he is yet to win a trophy in his two years in charge of United.
Sancho demonstrated his ability by bagging 16 goals and 20 assists last season.
Having him alongside Bruno Fernandes and Marcus Rashford would give United one of the most lethal attacking line-ups in the Premier League.
- Manchester United close to reaching an agreement for star winger Jadon Sancho
- Manchester United want Paul Pogba to stay at Old Trafford
- Axel Tuanzebe set to leave Manchester United on loan
- A look at Scott McTominay’s Euro 2020 journey as Scotland bow out
- Manchester United fans react to Harry Maguire’s dominant return vs the Czech Republic
- Wayne Rooney eager for the “mouthwatering” clash against Manchester United
- Manchester United confirm four pre-season friendly games including Wayne Rooney reunion
- Manchester United captain feels “confident” after recovering from injury for England’s Group D decider
- Jesse Lingard opens up on “emotional” England snub
- Not playing Jadon Sancho is a bizarre decision from Gareth Southgate