Bayern Munich star Thiago Alcantara is content at the German club for the foreseeable future according to reports by Goal.
The Spanish midfielder declared that Bayern Munich is his home and he’s happy to still be contracted to the Champions League winners.
The Spaniard talked to the press after Spain’s international friendly with Germany and said: “Bayern is my home and I am happy to be there”.
“I only think about [Spain’s] game against Ukraine. Afterwards, we will see.”
Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge publicly said that they are expecting a €30m bid for Thiago.
Manchester United were linked to the Spanish playmaker as they look to bolster their squad for the upcoming season.
Now, with the move for Thiago uncertain, it would be interesting to see if United manager Ole Gunnar Solksjaer would turn towards an alternative target or be content with the current group of players he has at his disposal.
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups