Manchester United U18 side beat Derby County U18 4-0 with ease as Charlie McNeill emerged as a real deal.
Coached by Neil Ryan, Omari Forson and Noam Emeran were the opening names on the scoresheet. McNeill scored a brace to finish the game at the Rams’ training centre on Saturday afternoon.
Along with McNeill, Willy Kambwela also made his debut in the United shirt.
McNeill’s first goal came around an hour mark when he lashed the ball home off Emeran’s pass. His second goal came with the help of Derby’s Dylan Williams as the shot took a slight deflection of William’s body.
McNeill also came close to completing a hat-trick as his shot in the dying minutes was just too wide from the right-hand post.
McNeill re-joined United in the summer for an initial fee of £675,000 [potentially rising up to £1.4m]. He has an impressive CV of 600 goals in youth levels for Manchester City.
McNeill left United in 2013 and joined City. His current contract is for three years with an option to extend it for another year once he turns 18.
The 17-year-old could make an illustrious career in his hands and mirror the likes of Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood, and Brandon Williams up to the first-team.
His brace in his debut adds more credibility to his name.
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups