Manchester United began their journey in the Premier League 2020-21 season with a 3-1 home defeat to Crystal Palace on Saturday afternoon at Old Trafford.
Amidst the uncertainty regarding the future of the club and their future in the transfer market, it has been reported that the Mancunian club could strike down a deal for Porto left-back Alex Telles as early as this week, as per Manchester football correspondent of Guardian, Jamie Jackson.
Manchester United are said to have been monitoring Telles for a while. Telles’s current contract with Porto is set to expire next summer. Hence, in the middle of the financial conundrum enforced by the coronavirus pandemic, the Portuguese club want to offload their star full-back in order to pocket some much-needed cash.
Luke Shaw’s injury record makes him unreliable and Brandon Williams is too inexperienced to take the starting role.
United missed out earlier on Ben Chilwell and Sergio Reguilon. Telles’ price tag is reasonable. He scored 13 goals and assisted 12 last season [source: Transfermarkt]. His attacking skillset fits into Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s plans like a glove.
In the case of Alex Telles, it is believed that Manchester United could strike a deal for around £18.3 million. This acquisition could prove to be a pivotal addition form United’s perspective, with Luke Shaw seemingly lacking a true competitor for the starting place in the current United group.
- David Moyes explains why West Ham United did not pursue Jesse Lingard
- West Ham United vs Manchester United: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Paul Scholes questions Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s subs against Young Boys
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at possible selection against West Ham United
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer unhappy with the referee’s decision to send off Aaron Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer delivers verdict on Man United’s dismal Champions League start
- David De Gea revelling in new offensive role at Manchester United
- Cristiano Ronaldo eyeing a Champions League record with Manchester United
- Edinson Cavani sidelined, but Solskjaer expects him to return soon
- Young Boys vs Manchester United: Champions League Preview & Predicted Line-ups