Manchester United will wait until July 1 to officially announce the return of Tom Heaton.
The 35-year old goalkeeper is set to join the Red Devils in the upcoming summer transfer window.
A report from Football Insider claims that the deal has already been completed with medical to take place ‘later in June’.
The Aston Villa goalie is reported to have signed a two-year deal with United, with an option for a further year.
He will replace third-choice goalkeeper Sergio Romero who is leaving the club this summer.
David De Gea and Dean Henderson are the front-runners to bag the number 1 jersey.
However, it is highly likely that the player who is asked to play second fiddle may opt to move elsewhere, handing Heaton the back-up role.
The veteran goalkeeper has a wealth of experience of playing in England and United’s younger players will learn plenty from him.
- Manchester United close to reaching an agreement for star winger Jadon Sancho
- Manchester United want Paul Pogba to stay at Old Trafford
- Axel Tuanzebe set to leave Manchester United on loan
- A look at Scott McTominay’s Euro 2020 journey as Scotland bow out
- Manchester United fans react to Harry Maguire’s dominant return vs the Czech Republic
- Wayne Rooney eager for the “mouthwatering” clash against Manchester United
- Manchester United confirm four pre-season friendly games including Wayne Rooney reunion
- Manchester United captain feels “confident” after recovering from injury for England’s Group D decider
- Jesse Lingard opens up on “emotional” England snub
- Not playing Jadon Sancho is a bizarre decision from Gareth Southgate