Manchester United have received a boost in their quest to sign a left-back.
According to the Express, Porto have reportedly lowered their asking price for Manchester United target Alex Telles to £18.5million.
Porto valued Telles at a price of £27.7m earlier this summer.
This is further corroborated by Portuguese publication A Bola.
A Bola states that the Portuguese side will now accept a lesser fee for the defender. Alex Telles’s representatives have already been to England for talks with Manchester United.
The Sun states that United are the “main interested party” but other teams are monitoring him.
The defender has been linked to a move with Chelsea, Wolves and Paris Saint-Germain.
OGS is interested in adding a left-back to his ranks this summer. The injury spells of Luke Shaw and the inexperience of Brandon Williams has made this position a ‘must’ strengthen for United.
United have only signed Ajax midfielder Donny Van De Beek this summer. The club’s lack of signings in the market has been a growing cause for concern, with the deal for top target Jadon Sancho also slowly dying.
The new Premier league has begun and the transfer window is going to close in less than a month, there is a good chance that United would start their campaign with a new left-back.
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion
- Manchester United vs West Ham United: Carabao Cup Preview & Predicted Line-ups
- Michael Owen blasts Jesse Lingard’s post-goal reaction versus West Ham