Manchester United will return to action this week as they will play host to Dean Smith’s Aston Villa at Old Trafford.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side will be hoping to win their first match of the new year and show that they are genuine contenders for the Premier League title.
They are currently second at the league table, having secured 30 points from 15 matches so far and just three points behind leaders Liverpool.
Following the stalemate at Leicester, United bounced back with a narrow victory over Nuno Espirito Santo’s Wolves last week, with Marcus Rashford providing the winner.
The Red Devils have a brilliant opportunity to pile further pressure on Jurgen Klopp’s side who just suffered their second consecutive league draw, with the Reds failing to secure full points at Newcastle United.
Meanwhile, Villa have also been impressive in the Premier League and are currently placed fifth at the table. The Lions managed to earn a point at Stamford Bridge last week, with Anwar El Ghazi canceling out the advantage of Olivier Giroud’s goal to hold Chelsea 1-1.
Victory here at Old Trafford will get Dean Smith’s side above United due to their superior goal difference, with the Villans also having an extra game in hand on the Red Devils.
As for injuries, Manchester United will not be able to avail the services of Marcus Rojo and Phil Jones as they remain sidelined, while Alex Telles will face a late test after he was withdrawn at half-time in the win over Wolves.
Ross Barkley is ready to make a return from injury for Villa while Tyrone Mings will also be available following his one-match suspension. Although Trezeguet will remain sidelined due to injury.
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion