Manchester United vs Leicester City
Premier League 2016/17
24th September 2016, 12:30 pm BST
Old Trafford, Manchester
Manchester United Team News and Preview
Jose Mourinho will have a decision to make whether to star his captain Wayne Rooney for the clash or not. The England international struggled for the Red Devils in the Premier League and failed to impress in their 3-1 EFL Cup victory over Northampton Town.
Juan Mata is one player who can play in the No 10 role. In addition to this, Henrikh Mkhitaryan can also feature in that position, but it should be seen whether the Armenian is fit for this weekend’s clash.
Luke Shaw was heavily criticised by the former Inter Milan and Real Madrid manager. He is also struggling due to injury, but reports suggest the left-back is likely to be fit for the fixture. It should be seen whether the Portuguese tactician will start Shaw on Saturday.
United ended their three-match losing streak when they defeated Northampton Town midweek, but South African online casinos predict that Mourinho will have a much tougher test against the Foxes as he will be looking to set things right in the Premier League.
Possible XI: De Gea; Valencia, Bailly, Smalling, Blind; Carrick, Herrera, Pogba; Rashford, Mata, Ibrahimovic
Leicester City Team News and Preview
Leicester have managed only two wins in the Premier League this season, which came against Swansea City and Burnley. Both these matches were played at home and they are yet to win a match away from home.
Claudio Ranieri is aware that it will be difficult for his side to win the title this season, especially when clubs like United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool have strengthened their squad.
In the last fixture, the Foxes suffered a 4-2 defeat at the hands of the west London club in the third round of the EFL Cup. Leicester will be looking to bounce back from their defeat when they travel to Old Trafford this weekend.
Possible XI: Zieler; Simpson, Morgan, Huth. Fuchs; Mahrez, Amartey, Drinkwater; Albrighton; Okazaki, Vardy
Manchester United vs Leicester City Key Stats
- Leicester City have lost their away matches played in the Premier League this season.
- Manchester United have been unbeaten in last seven Premier League matches at home.
- The Foxes have only managed one win in 18 trips to Old Trafford.
- In the last 14 league fixtures between the two sides, United have netted 33 times.
Manchester United vs Leicester City: Betting Tips
United have conceded only two goals in the Premier League, while have netted three times in the two matches played at Old Trafford. Leicester have scored two goals in their three away fixtures this season. A score draw could be on the cards, but we think a repeat of the Community Shield scoreline is more likely.
Prediction: Manchester United 2-1 Leicester City.
- Juan Mata considering Manchester United exit in January
- Champions League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Villarreal
- Bruno Fernandes sends heart-warming message to Manchester United faithful after penalty miss vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United fans unimpressed with Mason Greenwood’s display in Aston Villa defeat
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer heaps praise on reborn David de Gea
- Manchester United will pursue Erling Braut Haaland next summer despite Ronaldo’s arrival
- Manchester United looking at Declan Rice alternatives for next summer
- Premier League: Predicted Manchester United line-up (4-2-3-1) vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United vs Aston Villa: Premier League Preview, Fantasy Picks & Predicted Line-ups
- Bruno Fernandes tried to save Manchester United from Carabao Cup exit in bizarre fashion